A superb restored and modernised period four bedroom grade II listed house of historical importance. Barcroft hall is set in a quiet yet conveinient location on the outskirts of Cliviger and is an interesting and attractive home which retains many original period features with a modern contemporary twist. Inspection is advised.
This superb home has been lovingly restored, upgraded and finished to a high standard whilst remaining sympathetic to the historical elements of the building.
Upon arrival the walled fore garden is accessed via a dated gateway (1636) which alludes to the building behind. The front door is particularly impressive and gives way to an entrance porch leading to the ground floor open plan living space combining the kitchen, dining and living areas set beneath a wonderful ornate timber minstrels gallery and framed by the 20 stone mullion windows on the eastern elevation. This large room with stone flagged floor and underfloor heating has a modern contemporary high quality kitchen with Corian work surfaces and Neff appliances. The dining area is central to the room and the living area is at the opposite end dominated by a stone inglenook style arch way framing a multi fuel stove. Above the kitchen is the minstrels gallery which could be used as a study or hobby area. There is a rear porch providing access to the garden area.
Access to the first floor is via a stone spiral staircase to an open landing providing access to first floor rooms. To the first floor there are four bedrooms three double rooms and a smaller room suitable for a single bedroom or study. The master bedroom has a beautifully finished timber floor fitted wardrobes and a generous en suite which doubles as a house shower room. There is a second floor area accessed from bedroom 2 providing large open plan attic storage.
Externally the property has a front and rear garden area, the front being enclosed and walled, the rear is lawned and fenced with gentle rural views.
There are two designated parking areas to the front of the property.
The Barcroft family who built the Hall were documented as early as the thirteenth century were second only to the Townleys as land owners in Cliviger.
Over the years the property fell into significant disrepair and was purchased by Charles Townley in 1795 when the Hall was completely re-furbished and renovated.
The building is important today not only because of the early date of the North Wing, but also because of the quality of its construction and its largely unaltered form. The ground floor accommodation is dominated by the historic main
hallway with minstrel's gallery and offers exceptional living space including kitchen, dining and living area.
Barcroft Hall is conveniently located within 10 minutes drive of Burnley and 15 minutes drive of the cafe culture in Hebden Bridge and the excellent amenities within including a direct train to Manchester. The M65 is only 15 minutes away offering excellent commuting routes across the whole of East Lancashire. Popular local dining places such as the Ram Inn, Kettledrum and Nino's are all within a short distance.
VIEWING IS ESSENTIAL TO APPRECIATE THIS MAGNIFICENT FAMILY HOME.